Tax Tips for Hoosiers – Part 1
-This is the first of several news releases that will provide important, need-to-know tax tips to Indiana taxpayers. _With the tax season underway, many Hoosiers are asking questions about how to choose a tax preparer.
There are many reputable agents who can help you do your taxes. Just remember to be careful. Check the Indiana CPA Society (www.incpas.org), Indiana Society of Enrolled Agents (www.indianaenrolledagents.com), the Better Business Bureau (www.bbb.org) and the opinions of your friends and relatives.
Letting someone else do your taxes means you are exposing your personal information to someone you might not know, so make sure you find someone you can trust. _Here are some more helpful tips:
• Learn how much they will charge you before your return is prepared.
• Avoid preparers who base their fees on a percentage of the amount of your refund, or who claim they can obtain larger refunds than other preparers.
• Only use a tax professional who provides you a copy of your return to keep for your records.
• Never use a tax preparer who asks you to sign a blank tax form.
• Choose a tax preparer who will be around to answer questions after the return has been filed.
• Ask questions. See if the tax preparer belongs to a professional organization(s).
• Before you sign your tax return, or authorize it to be filed electronically, review the return and ask questions.
More information about choosing professional tax preparers is available at www.in.gov/dor/4618.htm.
For more information about this year's tax season, please visit www.in.gov/dor.
I Inicio I Locales I Internacionales I Nacionales I Columnas I Entretenimiento I Deportes I Clasificados I Publicidad I Escríbanos I Conózcanos I English Section I Advertise I Contact us I Archivo I Enlaces I
El Puente, LLC. ©