SADCO, SOCIEDAD AMIGOS DE COLOMBIA
P.O. 1141 CARMEL, IN 46082 317-776-7927 email@example.com www.sadco.org SOCIEDAD AMIGOS DE COLOMBIA (SADCO) ANNOUNCES:
TEN $1,500 EACH HISPANIC SCHOLARSHIPS FOR
ACADEMIC YEAR 2007-2008
* Scholarships will be based on ACHIEVEMENT and/or NEED
* ACHIEVEMENT AWARD will be based on the following criteria:
- GPA between 3.6 and 4.0 on a 4 point scale.
- Positive Leadership ability - Community Service - Demonstrated responsibility
* NEED AWARD will be based on the following criteria:
- GPA between 3.0 and 4.0 on a 4 point scale
- Actual need based on APPLICANT AND PARENTS 2006 FEDERAL TAX RETURNS
- Verifiable, unique, unusual, or mitigating circumstances
* ELLIGIBILITY CRITERIA
- Must be HISPANIC of 1st, 2nd, or 3rd generation - Must be a RESIDENT OF INDIANA
- Must be HIGH SCHOOL SENIOR or a FRESHMAN or SOPHOMORE in college
- Must be ACCEPTED BY AN ACCREDITED COLLEGE/UNIVERSITY
- Must PURSUE an ASSOCIATE OR BACHELOR DEGREE
- Must COMPLETE APPLICATION PROCESS.
* APPLICATION PROCESS
- A SIGNED LETTER OF APPLICATION stating why you should receive a scholarship must be
received NOT LATER THAN APRIL 30, 200 7 addressed to: SADCO SCHOLARSHIP
SELECTION COMMITTEE, C/O Hector Perez, 7036 Hampstead Lane, Indianapolis, IN 46256.
- The APPLICATION LETTER, written in ENGLISH, must be ACCOMPANIED by at least ONE (1) RECOMMENDATION FROM AN INSTRUCTOR OR ACADEMIC COUNSELOR of the applicant AND AN OFFICIAL HIGH SCHOOL OR COLLEGE TRANSCRIPT.
- The LETTER must INCLUDE applicants / parents HISPANIC COUNTRY OF ORIGIN.
- Applicant may submit one (l) additional supporting letter. ALL LETTERS MUST BE SIGNED.
- APPLICANT OF NEEDS AWARD MUST SUBMIT HIS/HER 2006 FEDERAL INCOME TAX FORMS AS WELL AS THEIR PARENTS.
* OTHER CONSIDERATIONS