The prestigious annual awards ceremony, presented by the Hispanic Heritage Foundation (HHF), celebrates Hispanic cultural pride, contributions, and accomplishments and was hosted at the John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts in Washington, D.C. on Thursday, September 5.
The 2013 Hispanic Heritage Awards honorees and medallion-level sponsors include:
· Actress Eva Longoria, Community Service Award
· Musical Group Los Tigres Del Norte, Legend Award
· Chef José Andrés, Design Award presented by Capital One Bank
· Superintendant Alberto Carvalho, Education Award presented by Target
· Voto Latino President Maria Teresa Kumar, Leadership Award presented by Southwest Airlines
· Actress and Singer Lucero, Vision Award presented by Hershey’s
· Actor/Director/Producer Diego Luna, Inspira Award, presenting the Youth Segment, presented by Herbalife
· Race Car Driver Juan Pablo Montoya, Sports Award presented by Bud Light
Presenters included: U.S. Congressman, Joe Garcia (D-FL); U.S. Secretary of Labor, Thomas E. Perez; LULAC National President Margaret Moran; U.S. Secretary of Education, Arne Duncan; PeeWee; Congressional Hispanic Caucus Institute President & CEO, Esther Aguilera; composer Paul Chavez; former Mayor of Los Angeles, Antonio Villaraigosa; Treasurer of the United States, Rosie Rios and NFL Hall of Famer, Anthony Muñoz.
“The Hispanic Heritage Awards are proud to honor yet another inspiring group of Latino leaders,” said Jose Antonio Tijerino, president and CEO of the Hispanic Heritage Foundation. “The Hispanic community has made significant contributions throughout history on America and the world and will continue to do so in the future on a much larger scale. We are grateful to Mundo Fox for taking our evening of pride, culture and accomplishment into the households and communities of Latinos and non-Latinos. It’s important all Americans learn of the great contributions of Hispanics in America and the world.
About the Hispanic Heritage Awards
The Hispanic Heritage Awards were established in 1987 by President Ronald Reagan to commemorate the creation of Hispanic Heritage Month. Since that time, the Hispanic Heritage Awards have honored top Latino leaders in various categories for their impact on America and the world.
I Inicio I Locales I Internacionales I Nacionales I Columnas I Entretenimiento I Deportes I Clasificados I Publicidad I Escríbanos I Conózcanos I English Section I Advertise I Contact us I Archivo I Enlaces I
El Puente, LLC. ©